Friday, May 06, 2005

Printing my own books

Soon I'll be able to print my own books. I'm signing up for a letterpress class and I'm so excited to learn to set type and print something! Don't know what I'll print, since I hate to write, but I think I'll be able to figure something out.

Speaking of books with content, I discovered the coolest site! The Gutenberg Project has tons of books online and many are already set up in folio format so you can just print them and bind them together and "Voila!" you have a book! :) I'm doing Pride & Prejdice as my first book and of course will have to make a complete set, but there are tons of different ones to choose from. Oh man, this is going to be good. I think I've found something to keep me busy for a very long time.

Srping

In other book related news, I finished my Springback Book and am submiting it for exhibit at the University. I'm also submiting an accordian book I did called "She Walks in Beauty" by Byron. This will be the first time I'll have exhibited my works. I took pictures of the Springback today so I'll post them when I get them. It's so cool because it's springs open pushing the gutter up. Anyway, hard to explain and I couldn't have finished this book without the help of my boss, but it's turned out so cool! :) With all the books I've been making lately, I haven't had much time for knitting, but I'll be able to get back into it soon.

No comments: