Monday, March 20, 2006

A Little Fun


This weekend I finally really got down and dirty with my craft room. I cleaned and organized the whole thing, so it's finally a place that's more conducive to creative thinking. I have so much craft *stuff* that it was getting pretty out of hand. But it's all organized and put away now, I even hung some artwork on the walls! Anyway, it inspired me to do a little sewing and knitting and general crafting. The knitting project isn't done yet, but hopefully I'll find some time this week to finish it up. I did finish some cute little bracelets based on this tutorial and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.


I didn't have a copy of the tutorial with me, I just kind of made it up from the general ideas I remembered. And instead of attaching something to wrap around the button, I used the button hole feature on my sewing machine and made it button up! I even sewed the buttons on with the machine! How handy! I didn't add any other embellishments onto these as I thought the fabrics were enough. I made another batch with left over Amy Butler fabrics later last night, but didn't have a chance to get a good picture so I'll share more later.

I got together with my sister last night for dinner and so "wrapped" one up for her with a little impromptu wrapping job. I just folded a piece of scrapbook cardstock, placed the bracelet inside and sewed it shut on the machine. I think it turned out pretty cute, although she was kind of confused about how to open it! It's just wrapping paper, you're supposed to rip it!

No comments: