Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Inspiration

Wow. That's all I have to say about my new quilting book, which came in the mail on Monday. I spent last night going through the first half of the book, which covers every kind of quilt you could think of. These heirloom quilts are just too gorgeous! Here are some of my favorites:


When I first turned the page and saw this quilt I literatlly exclaimed out loud! The optical illusion it creats is just amazing!


The pastels and curved lines of this one really caught my eye. The way the colors are aranged created fun intersecting lines too.


The dots and waves on these two quilts make a big impact as well. The colors are so simple, but they are just gorgeous and fun at the same time.


I'm kind of partial to this purple Hawaiian quilt just becuase of the colors, but the forms and movement of the quilt is just beautiful too. So modern, and yet there were made in the early 20th century!


Another Hawaiian quilt, although this is the most contemporary of any of these quilts, it was made in 80's but I love the color and the modern graphics.

Also impressive were the Thousand Piece quilts, made up of thousands of tiny squares and shapes! These women were amazing! To think that most of these were hand quilted too. I can't wait to try some of these ideas out, if I could ever make something half this impressive, I'd be happy.

No comments: