Friday, April 29, 2005

Thank Goodness It's Friday

Wow, it's been a crazy week, with everything I've had going on, family visiting, teaching a friend to make books. I haven't had much time to knit and I won't until sometime next week. I'm working on a couple of books right now so that I can enter them in a student exhibit here. This would be the first exhibit my work has been in if I get in. I think I will since I'm an intermediate student and the others submiting are mostly begining. But you never know. There were some pretty good people in my class this last semester. I'm also working on secret projects that I can't share until they're done (ie for a certain holiday coming up). :)

I'm also thinking about taking a letterpress class this summer in the evenings. I think it's a great skill to have along with bookbinding, for obvious reasons. But I think it would also be tons of fun. I love learning the historical way of doing things, which may be one reason I was so interested in bookbinding to begin with.

So tomorrow will be a busy one, but I'm also hoping to catch up on my sleep since I've been lacking in that department for the last couple of weeks. Plus I seem to be getting sick, which is not good, so I'm going to try to nip it in the bud.

I have quite a few projects planned for the near future, and one that I'm really excited about. I ordered some undyed yarn online (super cheap) and I'm going to hand dye it with kool-aid like I've seen on tons of sites lately. I'll probably use the knitty recipe. I haven't decided what colors, but I think I'm going to try a few different shades since I ordered 4 skiens. I can't wait. Also, I have my gardening which has been on the back burner for a while. My sweet peas I started indoors a couple weeks ago are like 4 or 5 inches tall already and have tons of leaves, so I need to harden them off soon so I can transplant them outside. I only planted the seeds outside on Monday so they haven't come up yet, I plan on seeing which way grows more/better/taller, seed started indoors or out, although I'm already off to a bad start for my little experiment since I didn't plant them at the same time! Ah, if only I had enough hours in the day!

No comments: