Monday, April 11, 2005

I'm So Crafty

sweet peas
Wow, sorry it's been a while since I've posted. I just didn't have anything interesting to write about. Not that I have any mind boggling news now, but hey my weekend wasn't totally lame! I was pretty crafty (although I should have been a little more productive) this weekend.

On Saturday I did some cleaning and then decided to start on some crafts I had discovered this last week which included: guitar pick earrings, rhinestone studded flip-flops, planting sweet peas and working on my knit bag.

The guitar pick earrings turned out so cute. I love them. I even turned a pick I got from a Maroon 5 concert I went to last year into a charm I can wear on a necklace! It Rocks! (Pun intended)

The flip-flops were just an idea I've had for a while. Old Navy was having a 2 for $5 thing so I bought a pair for my sister too. They are super sparkly and will be fun for the pool this summer.

Two summers ago I planted a whole box of sweet peas in my backyard and they grew all summer until they were huge! They got to be around 4 - 5 feet and I just put some stakes with twine around them to support them. I love sweet peas. They are my favorite flower so I bought 3 different kinds and I started some inside and the others I'm going to plant directly into the ground and see which way works better. The place I'm living right now has these huge 6 or 7 foot fences and I think they will look so pretty growing along them. It's gonna be great. One of the varieties I got said they can grow to 15 feet tall!! I'm so excited, I'm going to go home and plant the rest tonight.

No comments: