Monday, December 19, 2005

Weekend Knits

Well, two and a half Christmas knits down, two and a half to go. That's right I'm half-way done! Hooray! The fingers will be flying this week to get everything done in time. But I think I'll be good.

I also have some other Crafty-Christmas projects going on. Here are some button magnets I made this weekend as random gifts for friends (so I can post them). Next time I either need smaller magnets or bigger buttons. Maybe I should make a little button cluster? The buttons just barely cover the top of the magnet and I think they look kind of funny from the side. But they'll look cute on a fridge!

As a hint to what some of the other Crafty-Christmas projects might be, I did a little bit of felting this weekend. Which was an interesting experience, since I've never done such a big project before. Why does some wool shed more than others when being felted? Still I think the experiment was a success and just need to find time to finish it up.

I also worked on this and have two more books to make before Wednesday. Whoo! It's going to be a race to this finish for all of this stuff. But isn't that what this time of year is all about? An excuse to fill the cold winters days with something a little fun and distracting? I'm just hoping I don't get sick. It seems everyone around me is sick, my roommate, my co-workers... Away you germs, back you bugs! I have things to do and projects to finish!

It will be nice to get some rest after this week, and to get back to some regularly scheduled knitting. I've decided I'm going to start Clapotis and even bought yarn on Sat. although, I'm going to see how it knits up a bit, to see if I need to mix anything else in, I'm worried about some colors. I'll have to get a picture of the yarn, it's just too pretty. On top of Clappy, I'm going to try my hand at knitting some socks, finishing Tendances and the Winter Capelet (while it's still winter would be nice), and maybe even starting the Somewhat Cowl. This list is ever growing and changing, but I'm excited to see where the new year will take me in my knitting adventures.

No comments: