Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Almost there...


Kind of sad, but this is the extent of the Christmas decorations at my house (other than a Nutcracker on the mantle), but don't feel bad for me, I'll be spending the holidays mostly at my Grandparents house with my parents, so what's the point in decorating? All my roommates are leaving too, so really, no one will be home anyway. But last night I put this little arrangement together. And everything to make it cost under $3! Well, I had the vase already, and I just bought a box of mini glass ornaments for 1.80 and a bag of fake snow for 1.20, and voila! A beautiful, snowy, Christmas arrangement. And it will still be appropriate to leave up until January. I got the idea from something I saw at Pottery Barn. It was hard deciding on colors to use for the ornaments. There were some beautiful purple ones too, but I figured this is definitely more "Christmas-y".

As promised here is a look at the yarn I bought on Sat. *Swoon* I am in love. I just love all the colors, and it's so soft too! I think it will be perfect for Clapotis. And I can't wait to get started, but I think I might need to start the socks first, or I'll keep putting it off. I'm still kind of scared about socks. But Calpotis scares me too, so this will be good. They will both be learning experiences.



I'm a little worried about how bright the yellow is, but we'll see once I swatch it up, it probably won't be as bad as I think, and if it is, I'll find something else to knit in with it. I don't remember exactly what the yarn is, something like Di.ve - Butterfly (don't know colorway), but it's just too pretty! Can you tell I'm excited? I know it's kind of late to jump on the Clapotis bandwagon, but the ones I've seen lately have made me like it even more. I'm still deciding if I want to do the full size version or a smaller scarf size...

If you haven't noticed, check out my progress bar! I'm over half done with the Christmas knitting! 3 down, 2 to go. Actually less than two because I'm almost done with another! Yay! I think everything's going to get done in time. And it's a good thing too because I keep finding new things to make, like these ribbon "candy" ornaments. I have to make some for my mom, she loves ribbon candy, and I have the perfect ribbon left over from this summer!

I also got the two books finished last night, so I'll be putting up pictures tomorrow of that, once they're finished pressing. But what I'm really excited for is wrapping presents! I think this is almost the most fun part of Christmas gift giving! I've bought some awesome wrapping paper, and hopefully they'll look super cute when I'm all done. Of course I'll be posting pictures!

1 comment:

carrie said...

Don't fear the clapotis! it's actually fun, if a little repetitive. mine was SUPER BRIGHT, so i think the yellow is fine. : )

and i'm impressed with your decorations! my place is so small that all i have up is a wreath my parents sent. eek.