Friday, December 09, 2005

Ssshhh!!!!

Super Secret Christmas Knitting in Progress!

(ok, maybe not all of it is super secret, but I don't want to spoil any surprises since my family usually reads this...)

You might be able to tell what this is:
Please excuse the crappy camera phone shot (did I mention I now have a camera phone?)...
But what it represents is important! My first time knitting in the round with double pointed needles! So far so good. After the holidays I've decided to tackle some socks. They were having a sale on yarn at the craft store the other day (needles too) so I decided to go for it and buy some self-striping sock yarn and size 3 DPN's. Surprisingly I'm excited to get started on them, but I won't let myself until I finish everything else first! Maybe this will be a motivating factor? I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to it none-the-less.

Also on my after Christmas knitting list is the "Somewhat Cowl". Sooo cute! I have to make this! I'd love to use the yarn called for, an Alpaca/Silk Blend would feel sooo nice, but we'll see what kind of damage the holiday's do first before buying any yarn. Maybe there's a cheaper sub I can find from Knit Picks or something?

No comments: