Well, it's finally done! The Craftster Circular shrug is a Finished Object! And I finished it just in time to wear to church, thanks to Daylight Savings! I woke up *late*, or so I thought on Sunday morning, but I had forgotten to turn my clock back so I was actually doing great, so I finished two rows of 2x2 rib and seamed it all up and, Voila! I was good to go! Check it out.
Ok, so it's a little shorter in the chest area than I planned, but it at least can be buttoned! I like how it looks open too. I'm planning on doing another one since it's so great, this time in a smaller gauge with a nice deep red or orange yarn. I'll probably add more of the 2x2 ribbing, maybe about 7 or 8 inches for an extra wide collar.
Here are the specifics of the changes I made:
Yarn: Red Heart Grande in Black
Needles: US 15
Rib: 5.5" of 2x2 ribbing
Body: 18" of 1x1 ribbing (not mock rib)
I added a button to it and even without a buttone hole it works!
Halloween party pictures and updates will be on their way tomorrow. For now I'll say it was a great sucess! Lots of people, all the food got eaten and we partied until about 1am! Kind of hectic trying to get ready for it, but it was worth it becuase it turned out to be a blast!