Thursday, October 06, 2005

What's in a name?

Welp, I haven't felt in a very bloggy mood lately, so it's not been done in a while. For this I apologize, but in my own defense I've been too busy reading other people's blogs (must update side bar soon with ones I love). Well, that and getting my website up. It's official I've settled on a name! Bella Book Arts is my business' new name. I've stared my website up too, so check out www.bellabookarts.com and tell me what you think. What can I do better? It's still under construction so comments are welcome, but please be nice. I'm learning about html in the process and it's actually pretty interesting! For now, it's just a jumping off point.

Knitting update:
I'm frogging the "Blackberry", it's just too much of a pain, is it the gauge? the cables? I don't know, but it's getting annoying so I'm stopping. In the mean time I'm going to do a circular shrug like this, and I'm still working on the Phildar sweater, my own pattern of course. Haven't cast on yet, but maybe I'll get some time this weekend? I'm also making this hat for my Sister-in-law and have plans to try my hand at these felted purses. So I'll have to post some pictures of the wrist warmers I made last week, they've been really helpful the last few days.

I'm also thinking of re-naming this blog. It started out as just a collection of random thoughts, but lately has been turning into a knitting blog. I'm thinking I might use the Bella Book Arts blog to post book-ish things and this one as my weekly life/knitting updates. But I can't think of a good "crafting" or "knitting" name... Something will come to me soon, so just be aware!

3 comments:

Karin said...

You have your own business? I am so jealous!

I am sorry to hear about the frogging. What's this phildar sweater going to look like?

Julsey said...

Carly,

I got the Phildar book today, and though I don't speak French, I figured out the basic pattern "diagramme pt fantasie" as they call it. email me: julsey723@gmail.com and we can work through it!

Carly said...

Thanks Karin! It's just starting up, so it's not quite an "official" business, but I'm working on that.

The sweater can be seen in the Sweater Obsessed post. It's the green scoop neck one on the left!