Thursday, September 15, 2005

Allmost a sweater

I've almost finished my minisweater from Glampyre. Last night I finished the body and almost finished one sleve. I just have to seam the right sleve and then do the left and I'm done. I misread the dirrections and had to undo a few rows, but it didn't do any harm, I just hate putting stitches back on the needle after frogging. It's a little gape-y in the back like a lot of peoples, but I figure I can just overlap the front a bit with the button and that might make it better. Oh yeah, gotta get a button.

I was planning on starting another One Skien Wonder, this time in yellow, and I'm planning on doing a little bit bigger size this time, but instead I think I'm going to start Blackberry from the new fall Knitty!




This is such a cute sweater/wrap and it will be more appropriate for the winter months we're going into. Just need to find a good substitute yarn and get started! I'm thinking either KnitPicks Sierra or Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky. Need to go to the LYS and see what looks best. Oh yeah, this will also be my first time doing cables, I'm a little scared, but after reading this great tutorial, I think I can handle it. I'm not going to do the bobbles on the sleeves though, I'm not a "bobble" person. I started a KAL on Craftster if anyone wants to join!

No comments: