Boston was amazing! And guess what? I have good news already! I'm moving there next month. I got the job at Harvard that I interviewed for last week and I am beyond excited. So many things to do before then, so I'll probably not be posting much before then. I have tons of pictures to show too, but I just got them on the computer last night, so hopefully tomorrow. I'm also working on getting swap packages out the door. The Block Swap is due this Friday (I have just 3 more to make) and the CD swap is this week too. For now, I'll leave this fun little thing I saw on Stephanie's blog, Unwind.
Do a Wikipedia search of your birthdate, minus the year; list three interesting events, three people who were born, and three people who died on that day.
February 24 is the 55th day of the year in the Gregorian Calendar (see below). There are 310 days remaining, 311 in leap years. By Roman custom February 24 is the day added to a leap year, and the occurrence of February 29 is merely a consequence of this. *cool huh?*
1. 303 – Galerius, Roman Emperor, publishes his edict that begins the persecution of Christians in his portion of the Empire.
2. 1582 - Pope Gregory XIII announces the Gregorian calendar.
3. 2002 – The Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah end.
1. 1103 - Emperor Toba of Japan
2. 1955 – Steve Jobs, American computer pioneer *I love my Mac!*
3. 1966 – Billy Zane, American Actor
1. 616 – King Ethelbert of Kent
2. 1685 – Charles Howard, 1st Earl of Carlisle, English Politician and Military Leader
3. 1810 – Henry Cavendish, English Scientist
Kinda fun huh? Ok, pictures tomorrow I promise. Oh yeah, and the socks I was meaning to knit on my trip? Didn't really happen. I ripped and restarted, but didn't touch them for the rest of the trip becuase of this book, which I really enjoyed!