Tuesday, September 12, 2006

It's about time!

Wow, I really am sorry it's been so long since I've actually updated this blog with anything knit or craft related, even when I've said I would. So it's about time I did. It's also about time to start winter knitting. I think one reason I've slacked off in the blogging, is that I don't really enjoy knitting in the summer, there are too many other things that draw my attention out of the house. But guess what? It's getting cold here in Boston, and since I don't have any of my winter clothes out here with me yet (when will I be getting those is the question) I've started realizing how cold I am all the time, and how much I could use a scarf and a hat and gloves! So, what else does this call for but yarn buying?! First off, before I show you what I just got, I'll show you what I actually was able to complete over the summer.

I purchased the awesome new crochet book, "The Happy Hooker" from the Stitch 'N Bitch author. There were so many cute patterns I just couldn't resist. I finished the "Fat Bottom Bag" and am planing to do the little lacy shrug next in this great orange color. Guess what? I've started wearing orange! So not me, but I actually really like it. It's a very fall color.

It looks kind of coral in this photo, but it's more pumpkin orange, in a very good way. The bag is turquoise Lion Brand cotton with bamboo handles. I think it turned out very cute, but I think I want to line it before I used it.

For my next projects I got some beautiful yarn. My first Debbie Bliss Cashmerino! So soft!
The cream and brown yarn are the DB Cashmerino and the dark aqua is cascade 220. The cream is going to be a cute cabled beanie hat of my own design, the blue is going to be this awesome wavy scarf and the brown is going to be "fetching" fingerless gloves, to keep my hands all toasty warm!

I started on the gloves tonight while watching a really funny, if not over the top cheesy movie. They are coming along nicely!

Since I don't have a set of size 6 double pointed needles, I've altered the pattern to do it straight and then seam them up. I would love for them to be seamless, but I don' really want to buy another set of needles right now. I mean, this is the biggest yarn purchase I've made in quite some time! We need to take baby steps! Anyway, that's what I'm up to in the crafting world. I'm planning on breaking out the sewing machine soon for some projects, oh, and I still need to get a good picture of the skirt I made this summer. I really love it.

1 comment:

Scribbit said...

Looks like you're on hiatus. Your Dad and Mom were bragging about your blog to me so I've checked in occasionally and now I'm nagging about why you're not posting.

Surely you're working on something cool for Christmas that we could see? I'm starting to feel like picking up the needles again myself, I go in spurts of knitting bliss.

:)